The Falcon Winch Assist is the only Hydraulic Winch Machine on the market that provides your crew with Safety, Simplicity, Productivity and Real Versatility.
Falcon Winch Assist
Safe. Simple. Versatile.
The Falcon Winch Assist has been designed and tested through thousands of operational hours in a wide range of slope and soil conditions. As a result, we’ve developed a number of safety features to eliminate operator risk.
With over 480,000 operational hours and zero harm incidents, the Falcon Winch Assist is the choice for mechanising your logging operation.
Multiple Safety Features
The Falcon Winch Assist has been designed and tested through thousands of operational hours in a wide range of slope and soil conditions. As a result we’ve developed a number of safety features to eliminate operator risk.
- Overspeed Alarm triggering a rope management system in the Winch which automatically slows it down to prevent shock-loading.
- Movement Alarm to alert the operator is the Winch Machine experiences any movement.
- Cab Door Tamper Detection Alarm.
- Over Tension Alarms.
- Drum Over Speed Alarm/Arrest.
- Maximum Rope Pay Out Alarm/Arrest.
- Live Feed Camera System for the Operator monitoring the engine bay and winch drum.
Simplicity of Operation
Developed in the forest with collaboration from logging crews every step of the way means the single rope Falcon Winch Assist is engineered to be uncomplicated, simple to operate and easy to maintain.
- The Felling Machine Operator only has to manage one rope when operating down the slope reducing complexity and potential for snags.
- The Winch System design provides less mechanical and electrical complexity and therefore opportunity for faults and breakdowns.
- The Winch Unit is enclosed by rear guarding for protection with easy access points for maintenance.
Large Rope Size For Greater Safety
The Falcon Winch Assist uses the largest rope size of any Winch Assist machine currently on the market. At 1 ⅛ inch (28mm) diameter the swaged rope provides 72 tonnes of breaking strength ensuring that even shock loading at 10-15 tonnes will not compromise the strength or structural integrity of the rope.
- Falcon Winch Assist 1 1/8" rope has a 21.9 tonne safe working load.
- Higher elasticity and breaking strains compared to smaller 7/8" rope.
- Higher elasticity and breaking strains equates to longer rope life and less wear.
Versatility On The Skid
The Falcon Winch Assist is designed to allow logging contractors to use it as a multi purpose machine. The Falcon system has minimal impact on the original specifications and performance of the base excavator. It comes with the option of a quick hitch so it can also operate as a loader, conventional digger or as a loader or shovelling machine.
- On a 30 tonne carrier, the weight of the complete of the Winch Unit is comparable to the original counter weight.
- With only an additional 600mm of length to the counterweight the machine performance is very similar to the original.